Friday, November 22, 2013

"No Cure" - An Original Poem By Natasha Katherine Low

// 

"A secondary conviction,
Sheds light on the jargon
That stripped to their silence,
These words hold no license.

They wouldn't alleviate calamity,
Nor nullify the vindictive
It seems paper-thin still,
To search now for confidence.

A patented victory,
Holds no aspect for colors
It snuffs out one's innocence.
And hope in the vacance

I seek out no apologies.
No lies and no comfort
I long for the memories,
The calm and the quiet

That hatred, I will,
Possess no propensity for
I will revel now in patience,
And will strengthen the righteous.

A second's weak hesitance,
Could cost me my caution
My resurrection, it seems,
Would come lacking deliverance

I still regret nothing,
This time hath no pardon
No leaning right back
Into my poisoned patterns

I will not surrender,
To your many sins
And a broken salvation,
Will now lead me to kin

In this defining silence,
This frosted abyss
I will make sense of bisons,
Of your faltering kiss

Farewells be in order,
May your claws stay intact
With the bitter realization,
That these eggshells have cracked

My friend, you have owed me,
My time and my patience
But rest easy in knowing
It means to me no more relevance

Just begone, and do space me
Your dear icy repose.
Entertaining they be,
Your words take on a course

That to me, seems vindictive,
And so shallow and plain,
That will guarantee you affluence
But will spare you no pain

My friend, I will leave you
With these parting words.
May you find your own bearing,
May your vision be cleared."

//

Hello!

This is another piece by me and it was really written just a couple of weeks before this. I haven't shared this with anyone else yet so I really hope that you like it! It describes a painful occurrence in my life that had to do with all that awesome teenage clique-y drama and whatnot. But yeah, basically a conflict and what it felt like getting my feet back onto the ground.

Of course, everything's fine now (and it has been for a while) :) and I could not be better! Still, it's good to know that all that emotion wasn't put to waste.

I really have to thank the SGWC for giving me the courage to start putting more of my work on the net. I really don't know if these are any good but I guess I'll learn and grow from my mistakes. (P.S their Anniversary Party was amazing! I'll cover it if I have the time.)

Anyway, let me know what you think! Thank you for your time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment