Saturday, November 17, 2012

"Bucket List"



"The Bucket List"
Have you ever heard of the term ‘Bucket List’? Once, in church, I’d watched a movie built around the idea of having and fulfilling a bucket list. A Bucket List is basically a list that we make detailing the things that we want to experience or achieve throughout our lifetimes. Honestly, why wouldn’t we want one? It’s actually fun – mapping out things that we can work towards and maybe even sharing them with somebody else. But then, have you ever thought about the deeper pretext behind the idea of a bucket list?

I guess that you have probably heard of the term ‘drifter’. People who are described as ‘drifters’ are usually thought of as confused, as being low in morale or just unsure about what they want from life or how to go about achieving it. I feel like a Bucket List is designed just to remove any of that complacency. To-do lists have always been used to increase our productivity levels and to offer a sense of responsibility. Jotting something down onto paper is almost identical to setting it down in stone (personally, anyway). It further compels you to get whatever you need to do done and gives you an uncanny sense of accomplishment when you’ve completed your task.

Research has shown that writing down the tasks you have to do the night before you have to do them will increase your productivity the next day by as much as 40%! In the same way, writing down your goals will probably increase any likelihood of you completing them by the same amount. I suppose that the Bucket List seems a little bit more attractive to you now, isn’t it?

"My Name is Earl"
Well, besides using a Bucket List to achieve your goals, I feel like we can also use our Bucket Lists to right some wrongs in life. I really got that idea from a television series that I watched once, “My Name is Earl”. You know that they say, we shouldn’t pass on with any regrets!

I apologize for neglecting this blog for almost two weeks! I really appreciate your patronage and all of your feedback. As always, please don’t hesitate to reach me at Ordinarysgkid@hotmail.com or to mention me @NatKathXo! Thank you so much for your time J

Credits: First picture: lanredahunsi.wordpress.com, Second picture: bigbadbob113.com



No comments:

Post a Comment