Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"A Passionate Loathing" - An Original Poem By Natasha Katherine Low

//

"Not that you seem beautiful to me, or possess even a haunting resemblance,
For believe me this:-
You invoke in me shades shying pitifully so,
From arduous passion, attraction and lust
Effortless fancy inhabiting a young maiden's novel,
Believe me, you shatter to dust

Yet you interest me, and let none be the wiser
A bastard like you, the scum of my earth,
Oy vey, you catch me breathless

I sink in despair as I bathe now in alcohol
What have I done to deserve this?
Or you, I do mean, If I am being realistic -
What is about you that binds me?

The colorless pigment that masks as your skin
Or the tattered tufts of drool you call hair
The crooked skew that I'm told is your mouth
Or the holes in your face you call eyes!

You disgust me, you draw me, you trap me like air
The scourge of this earth to be known
You lie and you cheat with your voice, calm as velvet
With plenty to lose, none who cares

A silver platter? My dear, you have diamonds
With your hardest of decisions being choice
Spoilt for a lifetime and laughing in sin,
I pity the lady that bore you

Yet how is it now, why,

as I'm lying alone
Oh my arms
Why do they seek to possess you?"

//



Hello everyone! :) This is a piece by me that was uploaded a while back on the SG Writer's Club page. If you haven't heard of that organization already, TSWC is a great platform for anybody interested in the field to showcase their talent and to enjoy the works of the many other gifted artists here in Singapore!

I received lots of positive comments but a fairly common point that was noted by many was the sheer intensity of my words. The poem was kind of intense for me too, to tell you the truth. A lot of my work is just like this and I guess it's just about me trying to capture some of my stronger emotions into words that resonate with myself. Everything else just doesn't seem real enough. This one in particular was meant to be the point of view of somebody falling unwittingly for an underserving, horrible person. But don't worry, It's not that I mean anybody in particular!

Well anyway, I uploaded this piece sometime in August (the 19th if I remember correctly) but I wasn't all that ready to put a face to my name back then. However, I've decided to loosen up a bit now and grasp this opportunity to share a little of myself with you guys.

Please let me know what you think alright! I appreciate your support and feedback. :)

-Natasha Katherine (Nat)

No comments:

Post a Comment