Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"Anxiety of One Low In Confidence." - A Poem By Natasha Katherine Low

//

"My hands lie unsightly, too clammy and cold,
My breath, rising ragged and bare.
My friends try to calm me, they hold me in silence,
What good will that do once I'm there?

I can't stand alone, it won't matter a second,
If your hand keeps me docile and fair
That silvery tongue and that glint in your eyes,
Your lies calming and tasteful in pairs.

A thickening horror, a shivering pull,
A devious manipulation in thoughts
I was told as a lass,
Imagination lies boundless,
But for once it seemed chilly as air!

Over-thinking is lethal, of that I am sure
And to ponder is suicide-inclined,
Not your darling, your lover, your companion,
Your care;
But belief and your trying beware.

A person like me, is weak in all aspects
That force me to give me a care,
I don't mean I'm lacking,
Good heavens, dear, no
I just see the 'lacking' that's there!"


//

Here's another one! 

As somebody who suffers from terrible, paralyzing stage fright, I always seem to have that horrible butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach before any major event in my life. 

As such, this was a poem written after I'd just survived a particularly memorable audition. I had lain awake in bed that night recalling the horrible emotions I had experienced in the time leading up to the big event and it just seemed like it would have been a waste not taking it all down. So here we are!

I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks for your time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment